Since I first posted about my Epiphanie Bags London bag, to when I posted what later became the second most popular post to my blog ever about my Michael Kors Jet Set Travel tote (seriously it drives a lot of traffic to my blog which is kind of funny to me because I am so not a fashion blogger!), I’ve tried to share when I find a laptop bag that I love for both style and functional reasons. I realized I never actually did a post on why I love my Alesya Bag so much and why, after trying other laptop bags, it’s still my favorite. So today is the day!
I’m still taking bathroom selfies at work. What can I say? It has the best lighting on campus!
10 Reasons why I love my Alesya Bag Laptop Handbag
- It actually looks like a pretty handbag. A lot of companies claim to have laptop handbags/purses, etc…, but few actually look like a handbag. I often have compliments on this as a handbag and then when women realize that it holds a laptop too, they are so impressed! I’ve had a couple of men ask about it and write down where to find it as well for their significant others as well.
- It’s comfortable over the shoulder. This is true even when full. It doesn’t fall off my arm or feel awkward.
- It’s competitively priced. At the mid $200s price point, it’s comparably priced to nice splurge handbags yet is also a very high quality handbag and a laptop bag. I didn’t feel like I was splurging for “just a laptop bag”. I felt like I was purchasing a nice laptop bag that was also a handbag that I’d enjoy carrying without my laptop.
- It fits up to a 15″ laptop, comfortably. These days I’m mostly toting my Surface Pro 3. It fits fine even in the case within the bag. I could carry it without the case, as there is a nice padded pocket inside, but I like to take my Surface to classrooms and offices and don’t always carry a bag, so I keep the sleeve with me as well. I’ve comfortably carried two other computers as well, both 15-inch Macs. And isn’t the bright purple liner pretty?
- The shallow top pocket. It has this great pocket along the top that only goes a little bit into the bag. When I first saw this, I was a bit skeptical and had no idea what I’d do with it but I was quickly one over. This is awesome for things I want to grab quickly. No more digging through bottomless bucket-style bags hunting for keys and pens.
- It also fits a binder. I love binders, so enough said.
- There aren’t too many pockets. Have you seen laptop bags that seem to have a zillion pockets? I could never quite figure out what to put in all those pockets, never mind remember what I put where. There are two nice fairly deep pockets for folders, small books, etc.. and two pockets that are phone/gadget sized which I use for my Bluetooth mouse and my phone. That’s just the right amount to be useful, but not ridiculous.
- It’s not too big for short people. I’m 5’2. Many larger handbags look ridiculous on me.
- It has a great classic design. I’m positive I could carry this for years without it feeling dated.
- It’s actually a laptop bag. The techie in me can’t resist this last, very important point. It’s meant to be a laptop bag. It has a padded, safe, and secure spot for your laptop. I see so many pictures on instagram with MacBooks peeking out of the currently super popular basic leather totes and I cringe every time. Those are not laptop bags. There’s no padding in those and it only takes one accidental thump to dent/scratch, or worse, damage your expensive gadget.
Learn more about Alesya Bags by visiting their website and checking out their blog: